Air fryer hard boiled eggs are easy to make, easy to peel, and turn out PERFECT every time. If you’ve ever wondered if you can make hard boiled eggs in your air fryer, the answer is yes. You don’t even need any water!
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs Recipe
I was so skeptical the first time I heard about hard boiled eggs in an air fryer.
Wait a minute, don’t I need to BOIL the eggs in water? Do I put water in my air fryer? No, no, no!
I call these “hard-boiled” eggs, but they are simply cooked with hot air right in your air fryer.
This recipe produces perfectly-cooked eggs that peel easily.
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs in Air Fryer
Making these eggs in your air fryer is so simple.
Preheat your air fryer to 270 degrees. Add the eggs and cook at 270 degrees for 15 minutes.
Remove the eggs from the air fryer and immediately add to a bowl of ice water to cool for 5 minutes, then peel your perfect air-fried eggs.
You may notice some brown spots on your eggs when you open the air fryer. This is normal, and can be easily wiped off in the ice bath.
- Using fresh eggs will always produce the best result.
- Don’t have any ice? No problem. Just remove the eggs with tongs to a strainer and run the eggs under cold water until they are cool.
- Do you see brown spots on your eggs after cooking? This is due to the direct heat on the eggs. It’s not a problem, just wipe them off and you’re good to go!
- Be sure to play around with the cook times and make adjustments based on your specific air fryer. Air fryers can vary greatly from brand to brand and style to style.
I was over the moon when I tried making air fried hard boiled eggs for the first time.
I use my air fried hard boiled eggs in my weekly meal prep, salads, and even just to have on hand for a quick high-protein snack.
Are Air Fryers Worth It?
I definitely asked myself if air fryers are worth it before I purchased my first one. They aren’t magic, after all. In fact, air fryers are essentially just small convection ovens that circulate hot air around your food.
Intense hot air circulation allows you to air fry food that is crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. You can use less oil and still get an amazing deep-fried result. Aside from making these easy air fryer eggs, I also love making chicken wings, brats, veggies, steak, and more.
So, yes, air fryers are worth it. I love my air fryers and actually have two of them.
If I had to pick my favorite air fryer of these two, I’d go with the Cosori Air Fryer. This air fryer is less expensive, but performs amazingly well.
I’m planning to blog a whole series of my favorite air fryer recipes, so stay tuned! Until then, be sure to join my popular air fryer Facebook group.
I know you’re going to love this easy air fryer recipe as much as I do. If you give it a try, be sure to let me know how your eggs turned out!
More Easy Recipes
- Lunch Lady Brownies
- Ham and Noodle Casserole
- Crock Pot Chicken Orzo Soup
- German Cucumber Salad
- Macaroni Salad
- 6 eggs (or any amount you can fit in your air fryer)
- Preheat air fryer to 270 degrees.
- Add eggs, cook at 270 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer and immediately add to a bowl of ice water to cool for 5 minutes, peel.
If you don't have ice, simply remove eggs to a strainer and run under cold water.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 71mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g