This scrumptious loaded cheesy cauliflower casserole recipe is chock-full of flavorful sharp cheddar cheese, sour cream, ranch seasoning, and crispy fried bacon. You’ll flip for this low-carb cheesy cauliflower bake!
Recipes like this cheesy cauliflower casserole have become very trendy with the keto diet trend of late.
Let me tell you, friends, you do not have to be on a low carb diet to enjoy this incredible veggie casserole. It is just plain GOOD.
Easy Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole
This cheesy cauliflower bake is simple to make. Just look at this list of ingredients. This cauliflower bake is truly LOADED with so many great ingredients, and here’s a bonus, it’s gluten-free!
- crispy bacon
- sour cream
- ranch seasoning
- sharp cheddar cheese
My cheesy cauliflower casserole comes together quickly, too.
After all, that’s what this blog is all about. Sharing no-fuss recipes for busy families! 💗
Speaking of yummy and easy recipes, don’t miss our biscuits and gravy skillet recipe!
How to Make Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole Bake
Here’s how you can quickly whip-up our tasty low carb cheesy cauliflower casserole!
Fry your bacon in a large skillet until crispy. Crumble it, and set it aside.
Steam your large head of cauliflower until tender. This will take about 15-20 minutes.
In a mixing bowl combine the mayonnaise, ranch seasoning, black pepper in a large bowl. Add the cauliflower florets, 1/2 of the crispy bacon, 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, and 3 tablespoons chives. Stir it up with a wooden spoon.
Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish and top with 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese and the other half of the bacon.
Cover dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 5-10 minutes or just until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown. Garnish with
Enjoy your cheesy cauliflower bake as a side dish or even a main dish. It’s SO YUMMY.
Can I Use Frozen Cauliflower?
Yes, you can make our cheesy cauliflower casserole using frozen cauliflower.
Just follow the instructions for cooking or steaming the cauliflower on the bag, then finish by following the recipe from this point.
Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole Tips
I’m usually a fan of shortcuts and I love frozen and canned vegetables, but, I will note that I really prefer fresh cauliflower for this recipe.
For a milder cheese flavor, substitute 1 or even 2 cups of the sharp cheddar with a Monterey Jack and cheddar blend.
Don’t like mayonnaise? It adds a TON of flavor, but, you can substitute with more sour cream.
Friends, I know you’re going to love this cheesy cauliflower casserole. Be sure to Pin it (so you don’t forget it!) and leave a comment if you try it!
- 8 slices of bacon, fried crispy
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 tablespoons fresh chives, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fry bacon in a large skillet until crispy and crumble. Set aside.
- Steam cauliflower until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine your sour cream, mayonnaise, ranch seasoning, black pepper in a large bowl. Add the steamed cauliflower florets, 1/2 of the bacon, 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, and 3 tablespoons chives; mix well. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish and top with 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese and the other half of the bacon.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 5-10 minutes or just until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown. Garnish casserole with remaining chives.
This recipe works nicely in a 1.5-quart or 2-quart baking dish, however, you can certainly use a 9x13 baking dish as long as you don't mind it being a bit shallow.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 530Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 1028mgCarbohydrates: 4.5gFiber: 3gSugar: 1.4gProtein: 27g