Confetti Chicken Casserole
Our confetti chicken casserole recipe is filled with chunks of tender chicken breast, spaghetti noodles, mushrooms, pimentos, green chiles, and lots of cheese. Make it even quicker by using a rotisserie chicken!
If you’re into retro recipes, try my southern pineapple casserole.
Confetti Chicken Casserole Recipe
Have you ever looked in the pantry and wondered what you might be able to fix using a few seemingly miscellaneous ingredients?
You might just have everything on hand that you need to make this yummy chicken confetti casserole, and you’re going to be thanking me for this easy recipe!
I first found the recipe for chicken confetti casserole in one of my mom’s old church cookbooks. It’s a colorful, flavorful, and easy dinner recipe that I’ve made several times for my family.
How to Make Chicken Confetti Casserole
You’re going to need the following ingredients to get started with this recipe.
- shredded cheese
- spaghetti noodles
- cooked chicken breast (rotisserie chicken works well)
- yellow onion
- green pepper
- green chiles
- cream of chicken soup
- chicken broth
To make my yummy dish, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
Next, in a large mixing bowl, combine the ingredients together reserving half of the shredded cheese.
Spread your chicken confetti mixture evenly into a 9×13-inch baking dish. Top with the remaining cheese.
Bake uncovered for 1 hour.
My Tips for Making This Easy Confetti Chicken
Use any chicken that you have on hand. This recipe is great for utilizing leftover chicken breast or rotisserie chicken. You could also use leftover holiday turkey!
My husband loves the flavor of sharp cheddar cheese, and it’s what I used when I made the confetti chicken for these photos, but any shredded cheese will work fine.
Don’t have spaghetti noodles? You can substitute with another type of pasta.
This confetti chicken casserole is one of those versatile, everything-but-the-kitchen-sink recipes.
Feel free to mix and match ingredients to suit your preferences. Don’t have green peppers? Use red. Don’t have cream of chicken soup? Swap it for cream of mushroom. It’s all good!
Try These Other Easy Casserole Recipes
- 3 cups shredded cheese, divided
- 2 cups uncooked spaghetti, broken into 2 to 3 inch pieces
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- ½ cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (4-oz.) pimentos, drained
- 1 jar (8-oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (7-oz.) green chiles, undrained
- 1 can (10 oz.) cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together reserving half of the cheese.
- Spread evenly into a 13x9 inch pan. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour.
- Serve immediately, garnish with chopped parsley optional.
You can use any kind of cheese you want. I typically go for Colby-jack, Monterey Jack and cheddar, or sharp cheddar.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 381Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 943mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 23g