My all-in-one chicken hashbrown casserole is an easy family dinner or quick covered dish recipe. This loaded hashbrown bake is made with tender chicken, hash browns, cream cheese, sour cream, yummy cheese and crispy bacon.
Chicken Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
This chicken hashbrown casserole is a regular dinner staple in our home. It’s made even faster when you use a rotisserie chicken!
This recipe is creamy, loaded with flavor, and always a winner with my family.
It’s also one of my go-recipes when we’re having company. There’s really no need to get fancy when you’re having guests over.
Quick and easy casseroles like this loaded chicken hashbrown casserole with bacon will make your guests happy!
How to Make Chicken and Bacon Hashbrown Casserole
To make this quick easy recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients on hand.
- crispy fried bacon,
- shredded cheese
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- melted butter
- ranch dressing mix
- frozen hash browns, thawed
- rotisserie chicken (or any chicken you have on hand)
- green onions
I do love using a rotisserie chicken when I’m making this casserole
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl stir together 1 cup of the cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, melted butter, water, ranch dressing mix and about ⅔ of the bacon, combine well. Stir in the cooked chicken and the hash browns. Spoon evenly into the prepared baking dish.
Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, evenly sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bacon. Bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes. Garnish with sliced green onions and enjoy!
Tips for Making This Easy Casserole
As I noted, I really love using rotisserie chicken when I’m making this loaded chicken hashbrown casserole. It’s easy to pick up and has a great flavor. You can use any chicken you have on hand.
Make sure you’ve let your frozen hashbrowns thaw. This will ensure that everything bakes well and has time to come up to heat.
Feel free to use any cheese blend you prefer!
For a Mexican twist, replace the ranch seasoning with a packet of taco seasoning.
This chicken hashbrown casserole is one of my favorite dinner recipes of all time. Y’all, it’s amazing, and I hope you’ll give it a try!
More Easy Casseroles
- Chicken Confetti Casserole
- John Wayne Casserole
- Macaroni Corn Casserole
- Green Bean Casserole
- Calories in Chicken Breast
- 10 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar and Monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup water
- 1 (1-ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 (30-ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, chopped
- Sliced green onion, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl stir together 1 cup of the cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, melted butter, water, ranch dressing mix and about ⅔ of the bacon, combine well. Stir in the cooked chicken and the hash browns. Spoon evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, evenly sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bacon. Bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes. Garnish with sliced green onions, optional.
Adapted from recipe found in Paula Deen’s ONE-DISH MEALS magazine.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 523Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 158mgSodium: 1095mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 30g