I can proudly proclaim that I have the best coleslaw recipe! The dressing is sweet, creamy and loaded with flavor. This classic side dish comes together in a snap! Along with my broccoli salad and macaroni salad, this easy coleslaw is one of my favorite cookout side dishes.
Best Easy Coleslaw Recipe
There’s nothing like the cool, delicious crunch of a bite of homemade coleslaw.
I always look forward to it when I’m having a burger and fries from my favorite local fast food joint, and I also love a good coleslaw on my plate at potlucks, picnics, and summer cookouts.
One of the things that I love most about this coleslaw recipe, is that it’s super easy to put together.
While you’re more than welcome to grate your own cabbage, I prefer to grab a bag of store-bought coleslaw mix.
I usually go for a tri-color slaw, as I love the beautiful colors of the red cabbage, green cabbage, and carrots.
Coleslaw Dressing Recipe
Since we’ve taken a shortcut by using a pre-made coleslaw mix, it’s really important to get the coleslaw dressing just right!
My coleslaw dressing is sweet, creamy, and just slightly tangy. The celery seeds add a little kick of something special!
Here’s what you’ll need to make my easy coleslaw recipe.
⅔ cup mayonnaise
⅓ cup white sugar
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon celery seeds
Trust me, friends, this coleslaw recipe is absolutely perfect.
I love particularly love making it as a BBQ side dish, as it pairs perfectly with your favorite foods, fresh off the grill.
Our Best Tips
- Don’t love using store-bought coleslaw mix? Feel free to shred your own cabbage and/or carrots!
- Be sure to give this coleslaw recipe some time to rest in the refrigerator before serving. I’d give it at least one hour, but overnight works well too. It’s a great make-ahead side dish.
- Don’t like the idea of adding sugar? While we LOVE a bit of sweetness in our homemade coleslaw, you can easily leave it out.
I hope you love our easy coleslaw recipe! It really is the best!
- 1 ( 16 oz. bag) coleslaw mix
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- In a medium bowl stir together the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, salt and the celery seeds until well blended. Add the coleslaw mix and stir until well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 0g