Crock Pot Candied Nuts
My easy crock pot candied nuts are a great homemade Christmas food gift. They are also simple to make and taste absolutely amazing! This will be your new favorite holiday treat recipe! I love making savory dishes like crock pot pork chops in my slow cooker, but if you haven’t tried crock pot candied nuts, you MUST!
Serve slow cooker candied nuts with my tasty buckeye candy for a totally sweet holiday party!
Slow Cooker Candied Pecans, Almonds, and Cashews
I like making candied mixed nuts in my slow cooker because I enjoy a variety.
However, you can simply make candied pecans, almonds, or cashews—depending on which nuts you have in the pantry.
Candied spiced nuts are a wonderfully addictive holiday treat and I love the slow cooker method for making them!
How to Make Crock Pot Candied Nuts
Here’s what you’ll need to get started! As always, our complete recipe with a detailed ingredients list can be found at the bottom of this post.
- granulated white sugar
- light brown sugar
- ground cinnamon
- egg whites
As I mentioned, you can use any mix of nuts that you prefer. My husband prefers candied pecans, and I like caramelized almonds!
Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, stir together sugars and cinnamon. Set aside.
In a small bowl, beat egg whites and vanilla until a little frothy.
Place the nuts in your crock pot.
Pour egg white mixture over the nuts, and stir until nuts are well-coated.
Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over nuts and stir until coated. Cover; cook on low heat setting for 3 hours, stirring the nut mixture every 20 minutes.
When 20 minutes are left, pour 1/4 cup warm water into your slow cooker and stir everything well.
Finally, spread your crock pot candied spiced nuts on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or a silicone baking mat to cool until dry.
Crock Pot Candied Nuts Tips
Be sure to spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray before adding the ingredients. This will save you a lot of mess when it’s time to clean up!
Line a baking sheet with nonstick paper (waxed or parchment) or a silicone baking mat. Furthermore, this will be a timesaver when it’s time to clean up your yummy mess.
Next, allow your candied spiced nuts cool very well before removing from the sheet.
I love adding nuts to a pretty glass jar. Unique edible gifts like this one are great for Christmas.
Decorate your glass jar with a pretty ribbon and a gift tag. In addition, you could also put them in cute little holiday bags all tied up with a ribbon!
Above all, be sure to pin this post so you don’t forget about it. I know how you are!
Well, if you’re anything like me anyway, you’re prone to forgetfulness! Oh, the perks of being old! ?
More Delicious Recipes
- Easy Buckeyes
- Easy Peanut Butter Fudge
- Andes Mint Bars
- Ham and Noodle Casserole (use leftover holiday ham!)
- Crock Pot Ham Beans (use leftover holiday ham!)
- Cheddar and Broccoli Soup
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups almonds
- 2 cups cashews
- 2 cups pecans
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together sugars and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites and vanilla until a little frothy.
- Place the nuts in your crock pot.
- Pour egg white mixture over the nuts, and stir until nuts are well-coated.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over nuts, and stir until nuts are evenly coated. Cover; cook on low heat setting for 3 hours, stirring the nut mixture every 20 minutes.
- When 20 minutes are left, pour 1/4 cup warm water into your crock pot and stir everything well.
- When cooking time is finished spread nuts on cookie sheet lined with parchment or a silicone mat to cool until dry.
Be sure to use the parchment paper, waxed paper, or silicone mat when dumping the nuts out to cool to avoid them sticking to your pan.
Recipe source: Betty Crocker.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 136mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 18gProtein: 5g