Macaroni Corn Casserole
Our macaroni corn casserole is a simple but tasty recipe that even picky eaters will enjoy. This works well as a kid-pleasing Thanksgiving side dish or a no-fuss weeknight meal for busy families. My kids love corn, so I rotate this dish with my Jiffy Corn Casserole, which is also great!
Y’all, I’m more or less a macaroni and cheese fiend.
When I was a kid, my mom used to make big pans of pasta and we would melt-in butter and handfuls of whatever kind of cheese we had in the fridge.
We didn’t follow a recipe, and someone usually ate out of the pan! Hey, why dirty the extra bowl? ?
Easy Macaroni Corn Casserole Recipe
This easy macaroni corn casserole takes a little more planning, but not much!
I love that this basically a dump-and-bake recipe. Just put your ingredients into the dish, set your timer, and multi-task elsewhere while it bakes.
If you like this recipe, you may also want to check out my classic green bean casserole.
How to Make Macaroni and Cheese Corn Casserole
As I mentioned, this is one of the easiest casserole recipes ever. Here’s what you’ll need to get started.
Macaroni and Cheese Bake Ingredients
- cream-style corn (this adds yummy sweetness!)
- whole kernel corn, undrained
- uncooked elbow macaroni
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh parsley (optional, as a garnish)
Mac Corn Casserole Method
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients together and pour into a 7×11-inch baking dish.
Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir everything well. Bake for another 30 minutes, or until macaroni reaches the desired tenderness.
Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
If you’re a macaroni and cheese lover like me, you can enjoy a large portion of this recipe as your main dish.
If you’re a normal person, pick up a rotisserie chicken on the way home from work and steam some broccoli for a complete meal.
Oh, and as a note, my kids really like this macaroni corn casserole. I’ve made it as a side dish for Thanksgiving a couple of times, and it always pleases the kids at the table!
More Easy Casserole Recipes
- John Wayne Casserole
- Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
- Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole
- Mexican Spaghetti Casserole
- Crock Pot Ham and Beans
- 1 (15-oz.) can cream-style corn
- 1 (15-oz.) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup butter, cut in pieces
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Garnish with fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together and pour into 11x7-inch baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir. Bake for another 30 minutes uncovered, or until macaroni reaches the desired tenderness.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
I sourced this recipe from an old church cookbook. It's also very similar to Miranda Lambert's macaroni corn casserole.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 419mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g