Mexican Spaghetti Casserole
Mexican spaghetti casserole is a tasty twist on traditional spaghetti. It’s a great way to use that pound of ground beef sitting in the refrigerator. Yes, I see you! Win dinnertime when you serve this simple taco spaghetti bake and do not skimp on the cheese!
How to Make Mexican Spaghetti Casserole
I’m a huge fan of spaghetti; it was a staple of my childhood.
This Mexican spaghetti casserole is a wonderful and cheesy spaghetti that’s loaded with flavor.
Mexican Spaghetti Casserole Ingredients
taco seasoning (I always keep this on hand!)
diced mild tomatoes and green chiles
shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
In a large skillet, you’ll want to brown your hamburger onion. Be sure to drain any excess fat!
Next, stir in the taco seasoning, tomato sauce, RO-TEL (diced tomatoes and green chiles) and the water. Bring this mixture to a boil.
Then, break the spaghetti in half and add to the sauce and stir. Reduce the heat, cover and allow to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or to desired tenderness.
Sprinkle the cheese over the top. Cover until cheese is melted.
Garnish with plenty of fresh cilantro, if you like it!
Easy Taco Spaghetti
There are a variety of ways you can get creative with this tasty Mexican spaghetti casserole.
Change-up the cheeses, add corn, or even black beans to further enhance the dish.
Oh, and if you are digging that pan you see in the image below, it’s a Le Creuset Cast Iron Casserole with glass lid. I LOVE this pan. I use it all the time.
When it comes down to it, I just love easy recipes to make for my family.
Taco spaghetti casserole gets the job done on busy weeknights. Plus, it tastes amazing, y’all.
Be sure to pin this Mexican spaghetti casserole recipe to your favorite boards on Pinterest so you can make it later.
- 1 lb. ground beef (I used 85/15)
- 1 onion
- 1 (1-oz.) packet taco seasoning (I used mild)
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10-oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chiles (I used mild RO-TEL)
- 3 cups of water
- 7-oz. of spaghetti (a little less than half of a 16 oz. box)
- 1 cup cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, optional
- In a large skillet, brown the hamburger and the onion, drain off any excess fat.
- Stir in the taco seasoning, tomato sauce, RO-TEL, and the water and bring to a boil.
- Break the spaghetti in half and add to the sauce and stir. Reduce the heat, cover and allow to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or to desired tenderness.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and replace the lid, just long enough for the cheese to melt.
- Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro, serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 363Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 681mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 28g