You’re going to go crazy for these decadent mint chocolate magic bars. They feature rich, gooey layers of Andes mints, shredded coconut, and pecans. I’m obsessed!
Mint Chocolate Magic Bars
Getting a few Andes mints after a meal at The Olive Garden was one of my favorite treats as a kid.
I’m a huge fan of the mint chocolate flavor profile, and mint chocolate chip ice cream is still an all-time favorite.
It’s no wonder that I’m obsessed with these ooey-gooey mint chocolate magic bars!
My Andes mint bars offer a little twist on the traditional coconut magic bars.
The difference is, you just swap regular chocolate chips for some coarsely chopped Andes mints.
Have I mentioned that when it comes to sweets, I am in love with brownies and bars?
Fun Fact: Did you know that
They’ll always be those mints you get at Olive Garden
Andes Mint Bars
Why Are They Called Magic Bars?
The magic is in the layering.
The sweetened condensed milk filters through the layers of ingredients and sinks down to the bottom.
You end up with an amazing bar that has a sweet and chewy dulce de leche style crust around the edges
- If you’re not a fan of mint, you can substitute the 3/4 cup Andes for 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Be sure to let your mint chocolate magic bars cool completely before cutting. They will seem very melty at first but will set up.
- Choose quality shredded sweetened coconut. I like Baker’s brand and have found that a store-brand equivalent doesn’t work as well.
Just look at how gorgeous these Andes mint bars are from the side. This is a mint, chocolate, and coconut-lover’s DREAM DESSERT, Y’all. 💗
I hope you love my mint chocolate magic bars recipe!
More Yummy Recipes
- Biscuits and Gravy Skillet
- Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole
- Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Soup
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs, approximately 15 to 16 full sheets
- 3/4 cup coarsely-chopped Andes mints (about 28 pieces)
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- ¾ cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 ⅔ cups sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush graham the crackers. Stir the brown sugar into the graham crackers; set aside.
- Put the ½ cup butter into a 9x9 pan; heat in the oven until butter is completely melted.
- Remove from the oven and evenly spread the graham cracker and brown sugar mixture over the melted butter.
- In layers, alternate the Andes chocolates, coconut, and the pecans. Evenly pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top. Bake for 30 minutes or until the coconut is lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting.
While I cut my bars into 9 large servings for photos, you can also cut 12 smaller bars. They are quite rich! 🙂
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 432 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 38mg Sodium: 152mg Carbohydrates: 51g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 41g Protein: 6g